Mae Wright, M.S., CNS, LDN
Educator, Scientist, Researcher, & Speaker
Business Developer & Liaison
Licensed Dietary Nutritionist
Certified Nutrition Specialist
Clinical Herbalist & Nutritionist: Traditional, Nutritional Approaches, and Bio-psycho-social research models
Business, Project, Team, & Individual Leadership; Briefer, Liaison, Marketing, R&D Outreach.
Teacher: Curriculum development, instruction, & evaluation on multiple levels; mentoring.
Administration: Employee selection, development, & assessment; budgets; Strategic Plans, SOPs.
Survival Skills: Human & Animal Tracking; Primitive Skills & Native American Arts
Mentor: Teen Women; Professional Colleague Mentor
Government & Military Intelligence – cultural & military affairs; strategic & tactical warfare.
Writing, editing, analysis, assessments, and presentation / briefings/lectures/education.
Languages: Arabic and its various dialects, specializing in Iraqi dialect; Average German; Survival Spanish.
Computer Literate: Word, PP, XL, Visio, Analyst Notebook, Internet navigation & exploration, databases…
2010 – Present Visionary and Founder: 7Generations Botanical Medicine & Clinical Nutrition – Maryland & Virtual Offices
Clinical Herbalist and Licensed Dietary Nutritionist providing individualized healthcare and self-care education blending lifestyle, nutrition, and wellness considerations with custom herbal formulations to meet each client’s unique needs. Responsibilities also include marketing, business development, liaison with healthcare community, communications, marketing modeling and plan, and promotional product creation. Provide speaking engagements, plant walks, public education lectures, case studies, professional education lectures, private consultations, nutrition and wellness lectures, and Native American traditional lifestyle, skills, and traditional medicine education.
2010 – 2014 Core Faculty, Herbal Medicine Programs – Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH), Laurel, MD
Instructed graduate-level courses as lead faculty, and taught in multiple courses in herbal medicine, nutrition, materia medica, and biomedicine. Held office hours and student progress meetings, counseled students in opportunities ahead and goal-setting for their herbal medicine studies. Coordinated, communicated, and worked closely with admissions, marketing, and herbal medicine departments. (2016: Currently guest lecturer.)
2013 Subject Coordinator & Scientific Research Team, Herbal Medicine Scientific Research Team
Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH), Laurel, MD
Randomized Crossover Study: The Effect of Culinary Herbs and Spices on the Perceived Digestive Responses to the Consumption of Pinto Beans: a Pilot Study
2012-2013 Business Developer & Outreach Liaison, Herbal Medicine Programs – MUIH, Laurel, MD
Managed marketing and outreach to prospects for all herbal medicine programs. Held courses as lead faculty, and taught in multiple courses in herbal medicine, nutrition, materia medica, and biomedicine. Held office hours and student progress meetings, counseled students in opportunities ahead and goal-setting for their herbal studies. Coordinated, communicated, and worked closely with admissions, marketing, and herbal medicine departments. Conducted outreach activities related to enrollment, herbal medicine as a whole with the public, and alumni relations. Advised new Academic Director of Herbal Medicine Masters of Science Programs with daily programmatic functions, marketing and outreach, and special projects.
2011-July 2012 Acting Program Manager, Herbal Medicine Programs – MUIH, Laurel, MD
Responsible for all new herbal medicine programs at Tai Sophia Institute, as illustrated above. At contract end, transition and train new Director of Herbal Medicine MS Programs in daily programmatic functions, special projects, and a major transition into and implementation of a new herbal therapeutics graduate program.
2011 Interim Program Manager, Herbal Medicine Graduate Certificates MUIH, Laurel, MD
Responsible for all new herbal medicine programs at Tai Sophia Institute, as illustrated above. Assist Director of Herbal Medicine MS Programs with daily programmatic functions, special projects, and a major transition into and implementation of a new herbal therapeutics graduate program.
2009 – 2010 Graduate Intern; Tai SOPHIA Institute Apothecary & Compounding Dispensary; Laurel Maryland
Graduate intern at herbal dispensary compounding over 100 different western Chinese and Ayurvedic herbs. Compound practitioner scripts for customized herbal tinctures, powders, and teas in an accurate and timely manner following strict GMP’s to ensure highest quality products to clients. Counsel clients on proper intake of prescripted formulas. Conduct inventory and process flow. Project of excellence: Student Herb Cabinet.
2006 – 2009 Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Inspect it 1st Franchise, Washington, DC.(Co-Owner)
Vice President of Marketing for highly successful property inspection franchise in the Metropolitan DC area. Responsibilities include marketing, business development, liaison, communications, marketing modeling and plan, and promotional product creation. Drastically improved company’s ability to succeed and surpass its competition: transformed the organization from ground-level home inspection company to the DC-Metropolitan Region’s Premier Property Inspection organization, serving predominantly affluent and particularly discerning clients. Execute functions in all aspects of business and work closely with the CEO, clients, customers, and members of the real estate community. Business correspondent and lecturer. Conducted Community lectures working with local non-profit housing authorities and first-time homebuyer’s programs and real estate offices. Grew business to sell as a successful model.
2008 Business Developer, Camber Corporation, Intelligence Community Programs
Responsible for Camber Intelligence Community Business Development; Identifying, managing and maximizing the business impact of numerous partnership relationships and programs, including relationships with industry partners, intelligence agencies, and military services Manage DIA programs and staff. Manage, develop, and produce winning strategies for capture of federal government and intelligence community professional services. Plan, develop, and execute successful programs aimed at securing specific business opportunities that culminate in contract awards, major task orders under existing contracts, and partnering arrangements. Primary point of contact with customers in capabilities briefings, relationship building, development of offerings and communicating offerings to the customer. Executive level position: excellent and effective interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills; self-motivated leader and team player. Major contributor to the company-wide, Intelligence Community Working Group (ICWG), a group that allowed Camber to increase its competitive advantage in all of its business segments, improve awareness (internally and externally) through marketing campaigns, and make it easier for a wide variety of partners to work constructively with Camber in a programmatic and scalable fashion.
Sep 2007-2009 Realtor, WC&AN Miller, a long & foster company – Bethesda, Maryland
Residential real estate agent specializing in Washington, DC metropolitan living and serving all buyers and sellers with professionalism and equality. Manage business operations and run self-employed business, employing business development, networking, and marketing skills on a daily basis.
2001 – 2007 Various Government Consulting Positions: Intelligence Community
2006-Sep 2007 Chief, Targets and Analysis – Cyber Operations Team / Executive Manager
2004-2006 HUMINT Targets Liaison; Targeting Operations Chief, Operating Base
2003-2004 Embedded HUMINT Targeting Officer / National Security Analyst
2002-2003 Principal Research Scientist / Project Leader
2001 –2002 Government Declassification Analyst
As a recognized subject matter expert on threat issues concentrating on Mid-East origination, manage and evaluate product research, development, delivery, and presentation to clients for highly sensitive programs within the DoD and government intelligence agencies. Advise, administer, and execute responsibility in targeting, collection, analysis, evaluation, interpretation and dissemination of intelligence information on political, economic, social, cultural, physical, geographic, scientific and military conditions, trends and forces in foreign and domestic areas which directly and indirectly affect national security. Participate in and lead interagency working groups involving multiple agencies and appropriate authorities; respond to requests for information from agency leaders and customer collectors. Draft and present finished products such as intelligence assessments, white papers, talking points and supporting documents on a national and international scale to support client agency actions. Manage analytical and tactical teams and coordinate with operational chiefs for smooth interaction and process flow in a tactical, fast-paced operating environment. Establish team’s research plans by identifying new areas of investigation, allocating resources to identified research projects, and devising strategies to mentor and guide subordinate analysts. Utilize research plan and products for future business development plan models. Served as project team lead and / or division chief in analytical and tactical operational settings. More information available upon request.
2001-2011 Vice President of Communications, Homestead Investments, Inc.
Vice President of Communications and public outreach for minority-owned real estate development company. Execute functions in all aspects of business development, marketing, and communications, and work closely with the President, clients, local government agencies, and customers. Changed company’s image ability to succeed: transformed the organization from a small investment business into a Major Actor in the Region, replete with business partners, local government representative liaison and training partners, and authority recognition. Business correspondent and grant writer. Serve on Board of Directors and in PR and Business Development Training functions.
1992-2002 Sergeant, Arabic Linguist: U.S. Army, Military Intelligence Maryland Army National Guard: (2001-2002) Arabic Linguist / intelligence analyst. Sole Arabic Linguist in Battalion – responsible for the Arabic mission’s success. Command Language Program (CLP) mentor and leader; language resources manager; squad leader; driving & tactical operations trainer. SME in Middle Eastern culture, religion, language, and traditions, specializing in Iraqi Affairs and dialect. Washington Army National Guard: (1996-2001) Electronic Warfare/Voice Intercept Operator for Military Intelligence (M.I.), specializing in and recertified annually in Arabic & Middle Eastern culture, current affairs, and religion. Earned the Distinguished Recruiting Ribbon for dramatically improving the unit’s ability to succeed in one of its assigned missions. Served in supervisory position for tactical unit on “green” deployment team (HUMINT) for tour of duty. Active Duty Army: (1992-1996) Arabic linguist for M.I. in sensitive tactical settings; adapted to change by working flexibly with several units simultaneously and consecutively. Earned many awards and honors while serving on active duty. Worked as a leader and as a team-builder in multicultural tactical settings.
2000-2001 Deputy Director: Northwest Council on U.S.-Arab Affairs
Remote liaison position under the auspices of the National Council on U.S.-Arab Affairs. Represented the Pacific Northwest on U.S.-Arab issues and informed constituencies of progress and current events. Met regularly with community for effective representation. Promoted education and awareness concerning Arab issues, recruited for participation in regional Model Arab League Councils, and published quarterly newsletter.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, & QUALIFICATIONS
- Online methodology for instructors: Learning House
- Master of Science in Herbal Medicine. Tai Sophia Institute; Laurel, Maryland. (Student Advisory Council Rep)
Along with gradate level body of science, graduate student herbalist in faculty-supervised student clinic with over 800 hours of experience including client assessment/intake of all body systems, tongue and pulse analysis, physical assessment, and lifestyle and dietary assessment in partnership with clients on their health goals. Offer guidance and recommendations to clients in specific and individualized herbal formulations and nutritional and lifestyle supports to optimize healthy physiological function and healthy living. Focus on self-care education and self tending and reflecting.
- Certificate, Shipley Government Proposal Writing Course, Chantilly, VA
- Camber Program Management Course
- Business Networking international (BNI) – DC Chapter, President, 2 years.
- Real Estate Licensing Course: DC, MD, & VA. Realtor License# SP98367794
- Certification, Philosophy of Survival; Tom Brown Survival & Tracking School; NJ Pine Barrens.
- Certification Course & Registration; VA Private Investigator. Law & Code of Ethics. VA DCJS ID: 99205236.
- Qualification & Certification; Handgun and shotgun basic and advanced shooting techniques – stationary and moving operations. 07E, 08E, 09E; VA CCW; Utah CCW, and reciprocating states in the United States.
- RTS International; Fairfax, Virginia. VA DCJS ID: 99205236. Utah CFP: C216419.
- Certification, Marketing and Operations for Inspect it 1st Franchise Model; Southwest Institute of Professional Home Inspectors (SIPI), Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Certification, Survival and Tracking Techniques; Tom Brown Survival & Tracking School; CA mountains.
- MSPA – Silver Certification: Independent Evaluator, National Certification.
- Maryland Class M Motorcycle License; Conventional MD Class C Driver’s License
- Various military academies: Certification as Arabic Linguist, DLIFLC, Presidio of Monterey, CA (diploma).
- Qualified Arabic Linguist with specialization in Iraqi dialect. Leadership development and teaching/ instruction courses, language refresher courses, electronic and cryptologic warfare, intelligence analysis, tactical and operational training, etc.
- Certifications: HUMINT Targeting Officer; Military Operations; HUMINT Collections Operations; Proton; Asset Validation; Battelle Program Management & Business Development Course, OSD Declassification Analyst; DOE Restricted Data/ Formerly Restricted Data Reviewer.
- A.- International Studies, Middle Eastern Track, University of WA, Dean’s List. Coordinator: U.S. Policy on Middle East Peace Process; Thesis: “Iran: Reforming the Revolution.” Advisor, Model Arab League.
- University of Aleppo, Syria. Arabic and Arab Civilization.
- A., General Educational Studies, Shoreline Community College, With Honors, Vice-President’s List.
- President, Model Arab League; Volunteer, Women’s Center; Treasurer, Phi Theta Kappa; Captain, Women’s Soccer Team; SCC’s Female Athlete of the Year; Academic Athlete Award; International Club.
- Martial Arts & Related Training: Sin Moo HapKiDo, Fencing, Ai Jitsu, Sayoc Kali, Advanced Weaponry
TEACHING, GUIDING, & LECTURING EXPERIENCE
- Core Faculty/ Course Holder: Maryland University of Integrative Health; Herbal Medicine Programs (2011-Present)
Herbal Pharmacy, Materia Medica, Herbal History, & Native American Medicine & Ceremony
Guest Lecturer Tai SOPHIA Institute Herbal Medicine Program: Native American Medicine (2010)
Teacher Assistant (TA) Tai SOPHIA Institute Herbal Medicine Program 2010 Ohio Field Trip
- Attachment Parenting Groups: Preventative Healthcare at Home; Soothing Frazzled Nerves; Enhancing Wellness Before Illness Strikes; Food as Medicine –What’s Cookin?; Energy & Vitality for New Parents
- Garden Clubs: Rethinking Weeds – Edible & Medicinal Plants in our Backyards
- Defense Intelligence Agency: Targeting Methodologies; Asset Validation; Asset Vetting; Data Mining & All-Source Analysis; Collection Operations Cycle; Daily & Weekly collection & targeting briefings; Collection Conference Briefings on Targeting Analysis & Asset Validation.
- Government Agencies Conferences & Interagency Working Groups: Draft & present finished products such as intelligence assessments, white papers, talking points & briefings & documents to agencies and national governmental organizations
- S. Army: Command Language Program (CLP) mentor & leader; language resources manager; squad leader; driving & tactical operations trainer. Subject Matter Expert in Middle Eastern culture, religion, language, & traditions.
- Northwest Council on US-Arab Affairs: Promoted education & awareness to members & general public
- Shoreline Community College Women’s Center: Women’s Support Group Founder & Leader; Represented College at Georgetown University’s Women in Leadership Conference
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS, APPOINTMENTS, & AFFILIATIONS
- American Herbalist’s Guild (AHG) ~ Serve on AHG diversity council & subcommittees (2014-present)
- United Plant Savers (UPS)
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA; Co-Founder & Deputy Director: MD-ASA)
- NORML (Former President: Maryland NORML)
- National Museum of the American Indian Charter Member
- Native American Rights Foundation (NARF) Member
- Co-Founder: Maryland Cannabis Policy Coalition (Currently Subject Matter Expert Health Witness providing testimony)